YDB CLI changelog
Released on May 5, 2023. To update to version 2.3.0, select the Downloads section.
- Added interactive query execution mode. It can be launched using ydb yql command without arguments. This mode is experimental and is a subject to change.
- Added ydb table index rename command for atomic secondary index replacement or renaming.
ydb workload topiccommand section that allows to run a workload of writes and reads to topics.
- Added --recursive option for
ydb scheme rmdircommand that allows to remove a directory recursively with all its content.
coordination nodesupport for ydb scheme describe command.
- Added --commit option for
ydb topic consumercommand to commit offset for consumer.
- Added --columns option for
ydb import file csv|tsvcommand to list column names in, instead of placing it into file header.
- Added --newline-delimited option for
ydb import file csv|tsvcommand that confirms that there is no newline characters inside records which allows to read from several sections of a file simultaneously.
- Fixed a bug that caused executing the
ydb import filecommand to consume too much memory and CPU.
Released on March 3, 2023. To update to version 2.2.0, select the Downloads section.
- Fixed the error that didn't allow specifying supported compression algorithms when adding a topic consumer.
- Added support for streaming YQL scripts and queries based on parameters transferred via
- YQL query parameter values can now be transferred from a file.
- Password input requests are now output to
- You can now save the root CA certificate path in a profile.
- Added a global parameter named --profile-file to use the specified file as storage for profile settings.
- Added a new type of load testing: ydb workload clickbench.
Released on December 30, 2022. To update to version 2.1.1, select the Downloads section.
- Added support for the
--statsparameter of the ydb scheme describe command for column-oriented tables.
- Added support for Parquet files to enable their import with the ydb import command.
- Added support for additional logging and retries for the ydb import command.
Released on November 18, 2022. To update to version 2.1.0, select the Downloads section.
- You can now create a profile non-interactively.
- Added the ydb config profile update and ydb config profile replace commands to update and replace profiles, respectively.
- Added the
-1parameter for the ydb scheme ls command to enable output of a single object per row.
- You can now save the IAM service URL in a profile.
- Added support for username and password-based authentication without specifying the password.
- Added support for AWS profiles in the ydb export s3 command.
- You can now create profiles using
stdin. For example, you can pass the YC CLI
yc ydb database get informationcommand output to the
ydb config profile createcommand input.
- Fixed the error when request results were output in JSON-array format incorrectly if they included multiple server responses.
- Fixed the error that disabled profile updates so that an incorrect profile was used.
Released on September 20, 2022. To update to version 2.0.0, select the Downloads section.
Added the ability to work with topics:
ydb topic create: Create a topic.
ydb topic alter: Update a topic.
ydb topic write: Write data to a topic.
ydb topic read: Read data from a topic.
ydb topic drop: Delete a topic.
Added a new type of load testing:
ydb workload kv init: Create a table for kv load testing.
ydb workload kv run: Apply one of three types of load: run multiple
UPSERTsessions, run multiple
INSERTsessions, or run multiple sessions of GET requests by primary key.
ydb workload kv clean: Delete a test table.
Added the ability to disable current active profile (see the
ydb config profile deactivatecommand).
Added the ability to delete a profile non-interactively with no commit (see the
--forceparameter under the
ydb config profile removecommand).
Added CDC support for the
ydb scheme describecommand.
Added the ability to view the current DB status (see the
ydb monitoring healthcheckcommand).
Added the ability to view authentication information (token) to be sent with DB queries under the current authentication settings (see the
ydb auth get-tokencommand).
Added the ability for the
ydb importcommand to read data from stdin.
Added the ability to import data in JSON format from a file or stdin (see the
ydb import file jsoncommand).
- Improved command processing. Improved the accuracy of user input parsing and validation.
Released on June 25, 2022. To update to version 1.9.1, select the Downloads section.
- Added the ability to compress data when exporting it to S3-compatible storage (see the
--compressionparameter of the ydb export s3 command).
- Added the ability to manage new YDB CLI version availability auto checks (see the
--enable-checksparameters of the ydb version command).