To update to version 22.5, select the Downloads section.
- Added changefeed configuration parameters to transfer additional information about changes to a topic.
- You can now rename tables that have TTL enabled.
- You can now manage the record retention period.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed an error inserting 0 rows with a BulkUpsert.
- Fixed an error importing Date/DateTime columns from CSV.
- Fixed an error importing CSV data with line breaks.
- Fixed an error importing CSV data with NULL values.
- Improved Query Processing performance (by replacing WorkerActor with SessionActor).
- DataShard compaction now starts immediately after a split or merge.
What's new in version 22.4
To update to version 22.4, select the Downloads section.
YDB Topics and Change Data Capture (CDC):
- Introduced the new Topic API. YDB Topic is an entity for storing unstructured messages and delivering them to various subscribers.
- Added support for the Topic API to the YDB CLI and SDK. The Topic API provides methods for message streaming writes and reads as well as topic management.
- Added the ability to capture table updates and send change messages to a topic.
- Added the ability to handle topics in the YDB SDK.
- Added official support for the database/sql driver for working with YDB in Golang.
- The CDC change stream and the secondary indexes are now displayed in the database schema hierarchy as separate objects.
- Improved the visualization of query explain plan graphics.
- Problem storage groups have more visibility now.
- Various improvements based on UX research.
- Added Query Processor 2.0, a new subsystem to execute OLTP queries with significant improvements compared to the previous version.
- Improved write performance by up to 60%, and by up to 10% for reads.
- Added the ability to include a NOT NULL restriction for YDB primary keys when creating tables.
- Added support for renaming a secondary index online without shutting the service down.
- Improved the query explain view that now also includes fields for the physical operators.
- For read only transactions, added consistent snapshot support that does not conflict with write transactions.
- Added BulkUpsert support for tables with asynchronous secondary indexes.
- Added TTL support for tables with asynchronous secondary indexes.
- Added compression support for data export to S3.
- Added an audit log for DDL statements.
- Added support for authentication with static credentials.
- Added system tables for query performance troubleshooting.
YDB CLI 2.0.0:
Added the ability to work with topics:
ydb topic create: Create a topic.
ydb topic alter: Update a topic.
ydb topic write: Write data to a topic.
ydb topic read: Read data from a topic.
ydb topic drop: Delete a topic.
Added a new type of load testing:
ydb workload kv init: Create a table for kv load testing.
ydb workload kv run: Apply one of three types of load: run multiple
UPSERTsessions, run multiple
INSERTsessions, or run multiple sessions of GET requests by primary key.
ydb workload kv clean: Delete a test table.
Added the ability to disable current active profile (see the
ydb config profile deactivatecommand).
Added the ability to delete a profile non-interactively with no commit (see the
--forceparameter under the
ydb config profile removecommand).
Added CDC support for the
ydb scheme describecommand.
Added the ability to view the current DB status (see the
ydb monitoring healthcheckcommand).
Added the ability to view authentication information (token) to be sent with DB queries under the current authentication settings (see the
ydb auth get-tokencommand).
Added the ability for the
ydb importcommand to read data from stdin.
Added the ability to import data in JSON format from a file or stdin (see the
ydb import file jsoncommand).
Improved command processing. Improved the accuracy of user input parsing and validation.
YDB CLI 1.9.1:
- Added the ability to compress data when exporting it to S3-compatible storage (see the
--compressionparameter of the ydb export s3 command).
- Added the ability to manage new YDB CLI version availability auto checks (see the
--enable-checksparameters of the ydb version command).